Re: Kde problems

On 01/03/2010 10:47 PM, Chris Smart wrote:
could well be it.

> My understanding is that he does fresh installs and KDE works
> correctly the first time, but then dies after the first reboot. That

  I've seen that - for me was usually a graphics driver problem -
installer works great (in vesa mode) - but as soon as it boots the
'real' driver jumps in and craps out.

  I'd look in /var/log/X* and /var/log/boot and see if there's anything
of interest (using recovery or live cd or whatever).