Re: help - recovering virtual machine

Hi Gene,

On Sunday 03 January 2010 08:40 PM, Mail Lists wrote:
On 01/03/2010 10:43 PM, suvayu ali wrote:

Try /etc/libvirt/qemu for the xml files.

  Holy smoke - you're right!!

  I never woulda guessed it would be in /etc ... who would have thunk!!!
Shouldn't it be in /var/lib or whatever?

Technically speaking, all settings stuff go to /etc and the xml files would probably be considered settings for the virtual machines.

I would suggest look into the virsh interactive command line to manage your virtual machines. Its way more efficient compared to the gui. To open one, try `virsh --connect qemu:///system'. You can see all the commands with `help' and more specifics about every commands with `help <command>'.

  Thank you!

I found this the hard way about a week back. Hope this helps you. And Happy New Year to all. :)
--
Suvayu