Re: control-C and yum update

Chris Smart wrote:
2010/1/4 Paul Allen Newell <pnewell cs cmu edu>:
I though "control-C" was an immediate kill of whatever was running and was
wondering why yum didn't stop when I tried to kill it.

It's an interrupt, which could be blocked or it might be on a
different queue. You should be able to background yum and kill it
straight away:

Ctrl+z
kill %1

-c

Chris:

Got it ... this makes sense as there are jobs I run that I have to ps and then kill. If yum blocks until first "y/N", it makes sense.

Thanks,
Paul