default addresses in thunderbird

Ever since Thunderbird went to 3.0 (or just before that), I've had this
problem:
When composing a new email, I type in a part of the name of recipient
and it auto-suggests the emails -- the problem is that the ALTERNATE
emails are the first ones in the suggestion. I write an email to my
boss, and Thunderbird suggests his pesonal email as the default.

Anyone else see this or is it just me?