Re: Fedora 11 network share browsing using Natuilus with Samba - Fixed?

"KC8LDO" <kc8ldo arrl net> writes:
> It seems many ISP's are now using "DNS redirection" in place of simply
> returning an error message that the URL can't be found with the
> appropriate error code.

You would do well to ignore any ISP-offered server.  Fedora has the most
up to date stable bind/named offered and bind will be kept up to date
via yum.  That is far more than any ISP nameserver I've seem.  Most are
literally a decade out of date, mangle any newer record types, and in
the case of morally corrupt ISP's, may even perform a man-in-the-middle
attack on the DNS data.  Just ingnore their servers.  You'll be happy
you did.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht
If the airwaves belong to the public why does the public only get 3