NetworkManager vs Cacheing nameserver

I installed bind and tried to use it as a basic cacheing nameserver,
which in principal just means running named and
pointing /etc/resolv.conf to 127.0.0.1. However resolv.conf keeps
getting overwritten by NetworkManager, and I notice an excessive number
of "Resolving foo ..." messages from Firefox and Chrome, i.e. no
cacheing is being done as far as I can tell. Note that I didn't touch
named.conf or any other config files.

How does one convince NM not to interfere with resolv.conf? (Please
don't tell me to uninstall NM, that's not going to happen).

poc