Re: problems with system-config-display and crtl-alt-backspace

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> And I cannot get my notebook to even go over 800x600 for the internal
> display without using system-config-display to create a xorg.conf to
> get higher resolution with FC12.  How do I convince X to give me more
> without the xorg.conf?
>
> BTW, this is on an HP nc2400 that has a 12" display, but I have always
> run it at 1024x768.

When you run system-config-display what shows as "Hardware--->Monitor
Type".  I had, what I believe, was a similar problem.  Setting it to
"Generic LCD Display--->LCD Panel (with native resolution of my
notebook)" fix my issue.

--
QOTD: "I haven't come far enough, and don't call me baby." Guess Who!
http://tinyurl.com/mc4xe7