Re: problems with system-config-display and crtl-alt-backspace

On 01/04/2010 11:40 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:
And I cannot get my notebook to even go over 800x600 for the internal
display without using system-config-display to create a xorg.conf to
get higher resolution with FC12.  How do I convince X to give me more
without the xorg.conf?

BTW, this is on an HP nc2400 that has a 12" display, but I have always
run it at 1024x768.

When you run system-config-display what shows as "Hardware--->Monitor
Type".  I had, what I believe, was a similar problem.  Setting it to
"Generic LCD Display--->LCD Panel (with native resolution of my
notebook)" fix my issue.

And this creates a xorg.conf. My point exactly. This DOES fix my internal LCD device, but not the external monitor. Even when the KVM is 'on' the notebook at boot time.