Re: Best way to get minimal system

Andre Robatino wrote:
Chris Smart wrote:

Also explains why the PPC machine did a text only install - it
couldn't start the graphical installer.

The minimum RAM for a GUI install was increased from 192 MB to 384 MB
for F12.

My solution to installs for little machines is a box I got from Newegg, has a USB connector and PATA inside for old drives (SATA available as well), and I install on a real computer with lots of resources, even if I'm running on next to nothing.

I'm also playing with a thing called "TinyME" distribution, in my hypothetical spare time.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/anaconda-devel-list/2009-July/msg00146.html

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>