i686 packages in my Fedora 12 x86_64

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Jan 5 21:24:59 UTC 2010

Germán A. Racca wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I have freshly installed Fedora 12 x86_64 in my PC 2 weeks ago. Now I
> see that I have some (49) packages in both i686 and x86_64
> architectures. The list is at the end of the message.
>
> What should I do?

The libraries are what you would get if you installed a 32 bit package and it
pulled in dependencies. If you installed something which runs a lot of the
commands you saw by execv (in some languages shell or system procedure) then
they may have been pulled in the same way.

Unless you have some misbehavior I would do nothing if it were my system.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>