TV over the internet

I've read lots of online postings about people
who are apparently watching TV on their computers,
but I haven't seen a concrete description of what to do.

I'd love to see a posting from someone who has abandoned
the traditional TV set in favour of the (Fedora) computer.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net