Re: TV over the internet

Hi Tim;

On Wed, 2010-01-06 at 15:26 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I've read lots of online postings about people
> who are apparently watching TV on their computers,
> but I haven't seen a concrete description of what to do.
>
> I'd love to see a posting from someone who has abandoned
> the traditional TV set in favour of the (Fedora) computer.

I have a TV tuner card with my computer connected to my cable.  It's
great.  I prefer it to having my computer connected to my TV.

But...

I assume you are talking about NOT cable TV, but internet TV instead.

Fedora has an application called Miro in repo for just that.  To read
what it is all about go to http://www.getmiro.com/ .  They have the best
explanation of how internet TV all works.

I wouldn't download it from their site.  To try it out, look for Miro in
the Fedora repository using yum etc.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 12, Gnome 2.28