F12 Rkhunter, Have I a rootkit? SOLVED

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Jan 6 22:49:05 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 05 January 2010, Gene Heskett wrote:
>On Tuesday 05 January 2010, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>>On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 19:57:20 -0500
>>
>>Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
>>> When I asked about it Kevin, F10 was under active support for another
>>> 2 or 3 months, now it is not, so why waste our time?  I built
>>> rkhunter from the latest tarball, and that still didn't fix it.
>>
>>Well, I am just trying to find out where you "asked about it".
>>
>>I would have been happy to try and address it in a bug.
>>If it was on this list, then I missed it, and would suggest you file
>>issues as bugs to make sure I see them.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>kevin
>
>TBT Kevin, I didn't think it was fedora's bug, and a message to the author
> in the docs of this tarball, bounced with a no permissions message.

Update to this discussion:  It _was_ my own damned fault, I was running the
copy in /usr/local/bin, version 1.3.6,  when I ran it b y hand cuz
/usr/local/bin is earlier in my $PATH, but the script in /etc/cron.daily was
hard coded to run the older one, version 1.3.4, in /usr/bin.  Fixed, and so
is my complaint.

My apologies for the noise on the list.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Weinberg's Second Law:
	If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs,
	then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.