Open with Other Application dialog has some entries duplicated.

When I right click on a file and bring up the "Open with Other Application" dialog I notice that some entries have multiple entries. For example Okular is listed over a dozen times, Firefox is listed twice as is Brasero. Is there a way to fix this?

Paolo