Clean install of Fedora 12 will not bring up login screen after upgrade

I did a clean installation of Fedora 12 from the CD today and the first boot was fine. I could log into the computer and get the graphical interface. I then did a yum upgrade and 500 MB later the upgrade was finished. I then rebooted the computer and now the boot gets stuck at the f that looks like infinity which is just before the login screen would display. I can boot into single user mode and also get into text mode but the graphical mode will not give me the login screen. I saw that there was not a /etc/X11/xorg.conf file so I ran Xorg -configure to create one but that did not help either.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4749 (20100106) __________

http://www.eset.com