Latest updates broke KDE sound

Mick M. off_by_1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 7 07:25:33 UTC 2010

> > I just updated two systems.  They use different
> hardware, but I run
> > primarily KDE in both.  One system updated and
> sound worked fine.  The
> > second system lost sound in KDE.  I can delete
> ~/.pulse and .pulse-cookie,
> > log out, log in and have sound for that session.
> I can play music, get
> > system sounds, etc.  Once I log out, and back in,
> no sound.  I can tap on
> > the microphone and hear that in the speakers.  I
> can run
> > aplay /usr/share/sounds/purple/login.wav and hear
> that.  If I log out of
> > KDE and into GNOME, I can run any application with
> sound and they work
> > fine.  All sound worked fine prior to today's
> updates, which included the
> > latest pulse updates.

Hi;
 this happened to me.
I only run KDE, so did not test gnome.

F -> apps -> multimedia -> pulse volume control
click the config tab.

In my case PA found my Radeon Video card and chose HDMI
I changed it back and all was ok.

I have a Radeon HD 3450 PCI Express, with NO HDMI.

Mick M

Standard guarantee applies - 30 feet or 30 seconds, whichever comes first.

#  find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;