Re: Clean install of Fedora 12 will not bring up login screen after upgrade(Resolved)

2010/1/8 John Nissley<jnissley nissley org>:
 I can boot to text mode fine.  I can then log in and type startx and the GUI
 will come up and operate correctly but if I try to boot directly into the
 GUI mode I do not get the log in screen to allow me to log in.

Sorry, was this with or without kernel based modesetting enabled?

I was about to send back that yes I did place the nomodeset in the kernel line
in grub but then I looked again and I had misspelled it.  Everything works now.

Thanks