Re: fedora core 12 with dual head and kde

On 01/08/2010 09:53 AM, Andrew Parker wrote:
On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 5:22 AM, Wolfgang Leideck
<wleideck googlemail com>  wrote:
Hello fedora users,

how can I configure KDE to spread the desktop over two monitors. I'm
using a Dell Optiplex 760.

lspci shows 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 4
Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
A xorg.conf doesn't exist. With krandr both screens are overlayed and
could not be moved.

Can xrandr help you out?  I get the same problem, but xrandr works for me.

Can you explain how you use xrandr so that it works for you
(parameters, options ? )

I wonder if this offers any additional information

 Xorg -configure # writes out a copy of xorg.conf.new

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/x-config.html