Re: Flash Problem

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Chris Smart <mail christophersmart com> wrote:

> However the website (and BBC site) say that it can employ lossless compression:
> "Dirac has the capability of compressing high resolution files for
> production, compression for broadcast content, and compression for web
> 2.0 applications. Compression can be either lossless or visually
> lossless."
> "http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/dirac/uses.shtml";

Excuse me for being so down to earth, but I don't believe that, to
deliver content on the Web, a lossless codec is essential. If I'm
right Ogg Theora could have been proposed to state TVs years ago.
Instead Flash pretty much took over Windows Media. We're not much
better off.

P.s.: I'm still wondering what happened to my Flash player recently.
Am I the only one who experienced this problem?