Re: Flash Problem

> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 7:02 PM, Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk> wrote:

> Theora is not lossless.
>
> The BBC code is intended for lots of things - such as *production* where
> you don't want loss.

I'm not saying that Dirac doesn't present advantages over Ogg Theora
but I believe that, since it's now so omnipresent, Flash will be hard
to topple out of the market.

I believe you live in England. Does the BBC, who mainly developed
Dirac, use Dirac for webcasting? Who are the associates who
participated in development. AI couldn't find any after a quick at
Google's.

Because of DRM, it even seems unsure the BBC itself will use it:

<http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/dec/22/bbc-drm-cory-doctorow>