Fedora 12 - how to mount a CDROM to use on a remote desktop?

This likely has a simple answer, but I haven't figured it out yet. How do you get a CDROM, or DVD, to mount automatically for access? I want this done when a user is working remotely, using a VNC connection. Seems to work for a locally connected console. On Fedora 11 I had to screw around with a bunch of authorizations, using policykit, to get it to work. However that framework has been ripped out of Fedora 12 so how do I do it now?

The "mount /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom" as root does not work. Also I didn't have any luck trying to specify the file system type etc in the mount command.

Regards;

Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO