[Fedora-livecd-list] kadischi - more comments

Darko Ilic darko.ilic at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 21:13:43 UTC 2005

On Friday 26 August 2005 22:38, Glen Eustace wrote:
> Kind of weird, I have put into my kickstart.conf that I want the install
> to be textmode, this makes it easier to try things remotely.  If the
> repo is via http (same server), anaconda reports '* Display mode = t'
> and does the expected. If I use a local directory as the repo, I get '*
> Display mode = g'. Not what I would expect and a graphical install.

If used with http or ftp repository, anaconda can`t be started in GUI mode,
thus TUI is default. However, if you use it with local repository, it will
try to go to GUI, and if it don`t succeed, it will go to TUI. If you want to
force TUI with local repository, use -T/--text command line option.

--
Darko