[Fedora-livecd-list] Article for fedoranews.org ...

Dirk Westfal dirk.westfal at frankfurter-verein.de
Mon Jul 18 01:31:37 UTC 2005

Hi gentlemen,

Thomas Chung of fedoranews.org asked me to write an article about how to
create a fedora core 4 based livecd.

Since a short tutorial/some kind of proper design document was overdue, i
agreed.

The article describes the concept i currently use as well as the buildprocess
(using a free harddisk partition - everything else seemed to dangerous ...
don`t want to be responsible for a hosed buildsystem because of some package
relocations running wild ...)

For the article i`ve also recreated a basic set of (unsigned) rpms and moved
all modifications that are made to the system to per-package
install/uninstall.sh scripts as well as improving the integration into the
fedora core init process.

I`ve also included a reference to the fedora livecd project.

hoping not having done something inappropiate,
Dirk

--
Dirk Westfal /Admin/RHCE/QAR
Frankfurter Verein / Edv Abteilung / Netzwerkverwaltung