[Fedora-livecd-list] Revival of this list: Fedora Live DVD?

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Thu Jun 9 14:38:46 UTC 2005

So.  Had a few discussions around this at the Red Hat Summit -- it became
a hot topic in the Fedora BOF there.  What came out of it?  Well...

...for one thing, it became clear that we need to kickstart this list.  :)

For another thing, some folks asked: why not Live DVD?

For another thing, some folks asked: why not put the installer on it, so
that people can install the precise image they're playing with?

And lots of other questions.  But for me, here's the takeaway:

There's lots of Live CDs.  Too many to count.  If we're not doing
something interesting, then we're nothing more than one more Live CD with
Fedora branding.

What about a Live DVD?  With potential goals of:

1. Allowing users to choose to run the image that suits them;
2. Allowing users to install from DVD if they like;
3. Allowing us to put multiple arches on one DVD, if possible?

Looking at the download numbers from the torrent, we're seeing about 50/50
numbers for CD/DVD downloads.

So what about it?  I know a bunch of you folks have Live CD code that
runs.  Any of it convertible to Live DVD code?

--g

(p.s. Yes, we've announced the intention to announce the Fedora Foundation
at some point.  I hope this means that we'll be able to turn this into an
officially sanctioned project at some point.  But in the meantime, talking
works.)

                     ] [ dumb.  --mcluhan