[Fedora-livecd-list] X11 and desktop speedups?

Jasper Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Wed Nov 9 14:44:07 UTC 2005

Skunk Worx wrote:

> I've noticed I have to append "smp" to the kernel version in
> kadischi.py to get an smp kernel. Maybe there could be a command line
> option for smp? Just an idea.

You can also modify base/comps.xml and put in a smp kernel specifier.
This is where I put all my packages, so that they could be selected or
unselected instead of having to edit another file every time. Also, not
sure, but to save space, you could chmod the UP kernel in your
repository non readable, and have the smp kernel only, you might get
away with a single SMP kernel install, each kernel is about 50MB to my
knowledge.