[Fedora-livecd-list] LiveCD suggestions?

Jasper Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Fri Sep 9 12:30:47 UTC 2005

I need a bit of help with the LiveCD process.
When I boot the finished LiveCD I get tar: timestamp errors that it is
xxx amount of time in the future.

I also get a touch: /.autorelabel : Read only filesystem error, this can
be fixed by removing the rc.sysinit part that does this, and just adding
/.autorelabel to the tree.. but I paused kadischi, and in the builddir
in compressed and system, rc.sysinit does not exist yet. I need to know
where rc.sysinit ois coming from so I can make changes to it, don't
worry, it will be a single CD build, that isn't going to bear the Fedora
name. I am using kadischi however.

I need to add a generic xorg.conf to /etc/X11 alos, but that directory
doesn't exist either, I need to know what to do to add a simple generic
xorg.conf.

Also, for those confused about what you do to add extra packages to your
personal LiveCD, you would insert the .rps into Fedora/RPMS, and edit
Fedora/base/comps.xml. Then run genhdlist and run kadischi. Simple really.

Thank you guys for this tool, it gives me something to play with in my
free time.
Jasper Hartline
jasperhartline at adelphia.net