[Fedora-livecd-list] kadisschi problem

sailaja sailaja.mulakaluri at host-technology.com
Tue Sep 27 10:09:47 UTC 2005

Dear Mr.Darko,
                        I am using the latest version of kadischi to
create the live-cd for fedora core3.
In the process,we have gone through the documentation available and
resolved the following
issues:
1.First of all, the anaconda installer was getting some problem, and now
its working well.
2.Coming to the post installation scripts, the file 01umountproc.sh was
not running. It was telling that the proc in the tmp path is not mounted.
So, we have moved  that file to another location so that kadischi will
ignore it and it did so and next file 02install.sh was taken to run
properly.
3. Next, we were stuck at 03fstab.sh where we gave comments to the
following lines in that file and it went to run other installation
scripts well.
fstab = open (normalize_path ([sysdir,'/etc/fstab']) , 'r')
for line in fstab:
       if (line[0] != '#') and (line != '\n') and (line.find('swap') ==
-1) and (line.rsplit() [1] != '/'):
               list.append (line)
fstab.close()

Is there any problem if we comment these lines?

4. Now, it came to making of the initrd image where we are stuck now,
and unable to resolve the problem.
The error is as follows:
making initrd image
/tmp/fc3/livecd-build_no24/system/lib/modules/None is not a directory.
Is there any necessity to fill any feilds in the file livecd-mkinitrd.sh
and other files too.

Why is this happening?

It would be helpful if you mail me back.
Looking forward

Thanks and Regards,
Sailaja