[Fedora-livecd-list] kadisschi problem

Darko Ilic darko.ilic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 14:37:51 UTC 2005

On 9/27/05, sailaja <sailaja.mulakaluri at host-technology.com> wrote:
> 1.First of all, the anaconda installer was getting some problem, and now
> its working well.

What was the problem and what did you do to solve it? Have you changed
anything in kadischi or anaconda to solve it?

> 2.Coming to the post installation scripts, the file 01umountproc.sh was
> not running. It was telling that the proc in the tmp path is not mounted.

It`s a bit strange, cause it should be mounted by anaconda during the
install. Again, have you change anything in anaconda?

> So, we have moved  that file to another location so that kadischi will
> ignore it and it did so and next file 02install.sh was taken to run
> properly.

You could just make it non-executable, and kadischi wouldn`t execute it...

> 3. Next, we were stuck at 03fstab.sh where we gave comments to the

What was the problem? Can you attach the log?

> following lines in that file and it went to run other installation
> scripts well.
> fstab = open (normalize_path ([sysdir,'/etc/fstab']) , 'r')
> for line in fstab:
>        if (line[0] != '#') and (line != '\n') and (line.find('swap') ==
> -1) and (line.rsplit() [1] != '/'):
>                list.append (line)
> fstab.close()
>
> Is there any problem if we comment these lines?

Yes, otherwise they won`t be there :)

> 4. Now, it came to making of the initrd image where we are stuck now,
> and unable to resolve the problem.
> The error is as follows:
> making initrd image
> /tmp/fc3/livecd-build_no24/system/lib/modules/None is not a directory.

For some reason, Kadischi didn`t resolve the kernel version of the
installed system. It would be helpfull if you could send the whole
log, and if you could describe your case more detailed (like what
version of anaconda are you using, what repository are you using, what
changes have you made etc.)

> Is there any necessity to fill any feilds in the file livecd-mkinitrd.sh
> and other files too.

No.

--
Darko