[Fedora-livecd-list] Stage FS before compression?

Darko Ilic darko.ilic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 18:47:03 UTC 2005

On 9/27/05, Greg Simon <gregsimon at gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to build a live CD based on FC3 for a client, and I need to
> install non-rpm'ed applications on the system before "freezing it."
> Does this mean I need to write up an rpm spec to do it? --or can I
> chroot to the tmp image and install the apps there?

Well, it`s not yet possible to split the process of building the iso
image into stages, but we have it on the todo list.

Like Glen said, you can create rpms, and put them into repository. If
you don`t want to bother with spec files, you can create some
quick&dirty rpms with something like checkinstall or similar. Another
option is to write a script in post_install_scripts directory, and to
make it do what ever you want to do. Kadischi runs all executables
from post_install_scripts directory, passing them a path to the root
of the new system as an argument. So, this way, you can do all the
customization.

--
Darko