[Fedora-livecd-list] Start in graphical mode and getting updates

Mark Komarinski mark_komarinski at hms.harvard.edu
Fri Sep 30 18:56:38 UTC 2005

I'm building a live CD for teaching a class in Linux on the Desktop.

So far, I have Kadischi building something just larger than a CD size (I
think needing both KDE and GNOME is doing this), but am running into two
problems.

First, the DVD's I'm building start off in runlevel 3.  How can I get it
to skip firstboot and have it go right into runlevel 5?

Also, I'm building the DVD by fetching RPMs from a mirror, but they're
not getting the updates, only the original install packages.  How can I
tell Kadischi I want to get updates as well?  Would I need to build my
own repository?

-Mark

Mark Komarinski				mark_komarinski at hms.harvard.edu
Sr. Research Systems Architect		http://ritg.med.harvard.edu