7 proposals - was Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi - Anaconda

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Sat Apr 1 06:40:28 UTC 2006

Jane Dogalt wrote:

>I see your patch, and I see that it's looking at the host system, but I don't
>really understand why.

Well, it was an example.

>my proposal #1 (which I'm assuming is what your comments apply to), has nothing
>to do with running from a livecd to install a system.  It is soley about
>running anaconda on some system (fc5 install, fc7 install, debian, customized
>knoppix, anything), and generating a livecd .iso output from the input of a
>fc5.iso, user-input, and optionally a kickstart and/or user payload. (just like
>kadischi does now)

The focus is to be able to kick out a LiveCD, and from a LiveCD do HDD
installs.
That is generally how Kadischi and Anaconda are related.
I also don't think Debian or Knoppix package Anaconda, which would make
running Anaconda from these systems a non-issue.

I seriously doubt running from a Debian system if they did package
Anaconda is even a factor.

J. Hartline