[Fedora-livecd-list] x86_64 builder; 32-bit LiveCD issues

Jane Dogalt jdogalt at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 3 18:36:20 UTC 2006

--- Toshio Kuratomi <toshio at tiki-lounge.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 04:05 -0500, J. Hartline wrote:
> > Try the debug option, it should show you at which point it is failing.
> > 9,0 is /dev/md0 here though.
>
> ACPI: (supports S0 S1 S5)
> md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
> md: autorun ...
> md: ... autorun DONE.
> RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0
> VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
> EXT2-fs: unable to read superblock
> isofs_fill_super: bread failed, dev=md1, iso_blknum=16, block=32
> Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
> unknown-block(9,1)
>
> Am I correctly interpreting that the failure is in mounting the initrd?

Certainly looks like it mounted the ext2, then was unable to read the
superblock?

Here are a couple thoughts I had while skimming livecd-mkinitrd.sh.

1) inst /sbin/busybox.anaconda should probably be inst
$rootdir/sbin/busybox.anaconda (which would require it to be installed on the
target system)

2) inst $INSTALLDIR/initrd/find-live-cd

makes me think this could be your problem.  I.e. this would appear to me to be
(in your case) installing a find-live-cd binary which was compiled on a x86_64
system into an initrd which is meant to be run on a 32-bit system.

-jdog