[Fedora-livecd-list] squashfs -- anyone have a pristine tree?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Apr 10 15:26:18 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 22:04 -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> * livecd-mkinitrd.sh:
>   - Create a /cdrom directory to mount the cdrom image to directly.
>   - Copy squashfs and loop modules to the initrd.
>   - Create loop[0-9] devices in the initrd.
> * livecd-linuxrc:
>   - Mount the cd image onto /cdrom instead of /sysroot.
>   - If we're using squashfs, loopback mount it on /sysroot otherwise
> bind mount the cdrom to /sysroot.

We still need to stop creating our own initrd and be using the initramfs
created by the stock mkinitrd and just do the necessary livecd changes
with our own secondary initramfs that contains a replacement mkrootdev
instead of using the nash built-in.  I started on this before leaving on
vacation, after I get a chance to sit at my desk later today, I'll send
what I have.

> * install-boot.sh: Add selinux=0 to the kernel commandline as neither
> squashfs nor zisofs support selinux xattrs.

I'd rather be handling this just by setting things
in /etc/sysconfig/selinux.  Managing kernel options is the road to pain.

> * 04auth.sh: Comment out the lokkit call as this may not exist in the
> install root.  The selinux portion of this call is taken care of by
> adding selinux=0 to the kernel commandlin.  The firewall portion isn't.
> And when we do add support for selinux the kernel commandline won't let
> us choose between targetted/strict/other.  So the correct fix for this
> needs more thought.

Lokkit really needs to be installed -- we all but count on it always
being present with anaconda.

Jeremy