[Fedora-livecd-list] Start in runlevel 5, add user accounts?

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Fri Apr 14 15:56:37 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 11:38 -0400, Mark Komarinski wrote:
> Jasper O'neal Hartline wrote:
> > Mark Komarinski wrote:
> >
> >> Two problems I'm having with kadischi.
> >>
> >> First, the system never starts in runlevel 5, always 3.  Somewhere
> >> during the ISO creation process I get "cannot determine current
> >> runlevel" which may be related.
> >>
> >> Second, is there any way to create a non-root user?  I don't want
> >> people using the root account to log into the system.
> >>
> > Anaconda should be setting the correct runlevel according to packages
> > installed.
> > Do you have a list of packages you are using?
>
> I'm rerunning this now and the cannot determine current run level
> happens in 04userconfig.py.  There's no anaconda-ks.cfg that gets
> created that I can see, or is it elsewhere?  I selected X and GNOME, so
> that should mean that anaconda knows X is installed.

It should be created in the /root/ directory in the build image.  It's
destroyed before compressing currently (AutOPSY -- is keeping /root
instead of destroying it still in the works?  I think it's a two line
change or so and I didn't see any objections when you mentioned it.)

If you're chrooting into that directory before the post_install scripts
are run, you should see it there.

> I think longer term the solution would be to have instead of a sleep for
> 5 minutes something like "hit enter now to chroot into the image, make
> whatever changes you want, and things will continue when you leave the
> shell".  Also a great way to add extra packages or run updates.  It's a
> bit more manual, but a lot more flexible.

Perhaps a --chroot option on kadischi's commandline?  Long term, this is
best done by writing a post_install script for your local settings but
the option to chroot can be good for quick 'n dirty experimentation
until you get it right.

-Toshio