[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi: roadmap from Board meeting ?

Jane Dogalt jdogalt at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 02:05:56 UTC 2006

--- Chitlesh GOORAH <chitlesh at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> The board meeting http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings/2006-04-07:
>
> Live CD (Kadischi) -- Lots of people like the idea of this project,
> but there are still some problems to solve. We should empower people
> It is now the time to discuss and share thoughts about how shall we
> boost Kadischi :)

1) get a name that draws interest and is intuitive.  Unless of course the
motivation is to keep users away until the project is sufficiently mature and
useful.

I vote for system-config-liveiso, or livecdgen, or anything whatsoever would be
better than the cutesy 'kadischi'.  It sounds like something that real men
don't eat.

2) unionfs via initramfs (forget read-only root)

3) x autoconfig

4) run as user, not root (thus build system cannot be corrupted by liveiso
generator bugs)

5) boot speed optomization either via the accelerated-knoppix cloop profiler,
or the unionfs early boot file seperation method I've outlined in the past.

6) gui (system-config-kickstart seems like an ideal place to start, if you
don't want to do the anaconda changes I proposed)

7) selinux, via ext2 image as an option

In that order.

Oh, and

8) feature flag to remove fedora/rh art/trademarks from target so that output
can be redistributed as a new distribution without any special permission from
fedora/rh.

-jdog

(the above outlines my own project.  I'll let you all know next week or so when
an alpha release is ready ;)  Unfortunately tonight I have to do homework for
tomorrow morning :(