output redistribution issues again, was Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi: roadmap from Board meeting ?

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 18 11:15:20 UTC 2006

On 4/18/06, tony <tony at tgds.net> wrote:
> Le mardi 18 avril 2006 à 01:35 -0700, Jane Dogalt a écrit :
>
> > The root of the issue is-
> >
> > If I create output with kadischi, named mylivelinux.iso, which boots using the
> > default fedora logos on the graphical boot (and gdm default background, and
> > gnome default background), then would I be in danger of "being likely to cause
> > confusion by implying association with or sponsorship by Red Hat"?
>
> Yes because one of the big (huge) time consuming tasks I have planned
> into my liveCD is modifying all of that.

It depends how you build your livecd.
If you include Forbidden items
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ForbiddenItems, it should definitely NOT
entail the word 'Fedora' within it

If I can get away with leaving
> all of the fedora logo stuff in place and have the machine boot into an
> "epiaix liveCD" where it is clearly written that the OS is fedora with
> all VIA epia options turned on and a specific kernel. Personalised
> liveCDs _ARE_ fedora but either a subset or with additional features
> added in.
>
> This is almost more complicated than hacking personalised rpms...
>
> =:-D</joke>

Ill try to document it properly at the end of the week.

Please provide me in bullet forms the heading(s) you think is missing
in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Kadischi/Legal.

We need to finalise it for once :)

--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com