[Fedora-livecd-list] boot from external CDROM - a requested feature

Jasper O'neal Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Tue Apr 18 14:33:23 UTC 2006

Ian Brown wrote:

> I tried to boot a kadischi live-cd from an external USB CD rom and
>it failed.
>Other live-cd (like ubuntu or knoppix) do succeed to boot from
>an external USB CDROM.
>
> Is it possible to add support for booting kadischi live cd  from an
>external USB CDROM ?

It would be possible, yes.
However I myself do not have a USB CDROM to use.

I think we could probably come up with something if you visit the
#fedora-livecd channel via IRC at irc.freenode.net.

Right now find_live_cd.c has a good few devices it handles which is where
device support would be needed with Kadischi for your particular device.

J. Hartline