[Fedora-livecd-list] ntp time skew and network failure pre post_install_scripts

Jane Dogalt jdogalt at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 23 00:17:14 UTC 2006

--- adam <adam.stokes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone seen any issues with ntp clock skew and network interfaces going down
> before the post install scripts are executed? I am trying to pinpoint the
> cause of this but not to familiar with anaconda's interworkings.

see bug 185830.  In the bugzilla comments I managed to track down the timezone
(build system /etc/localtime being replaced) issue, before deciding I wanted to
focus my time on figuring out how to generate livecd's as a non-root user so
that such system corruption is not remotely possible.  The only solution I've
come up with, is to use qemu instead of anaconda rootpath for installs.  Which
for my purposes is the right answer, but I can understand why some people won't
want to put up with 2++ hour build times.

-jdog

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-livecd-list/2006-March/msg00217.html