[Fedora-livecd-list]

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Apr 24 17:00:17 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 11:11 -0500, Jasper O'neal Hartline wrote:
> Jeremy Katz wrote:
> >Also needed will be updating livecd-mkrootdev to find a loop device and
> >use it for mounting the squashfs.
> >
> I know earlier versions of NASH employed a findlodev, which is
> non-functional now.
> Should we use this sort of approach?

Yep, probably the sanest thing to do.  Doing it internal to our
mkrootdev will be the easiest thing.

> >We'll probably also want to write out an /etc/sysconfig/mkinitrd with a
> >MODULES line prior to running anaconda, so that the proper modules[1]
> >end up in the initramfs as generated during the install.
> >
> >[1] This will also let us add a set of "common" scsi and sata
> >controllers so that people who are using a CD drive attached to one of
> >these could use the live CD
> >
> If this doesn't need to be dynamically set, surely something like this
> should be sufficient:
> modules = ["squashfs", "loop", "scsi_mod", "sd_mod"]
> output = open("%s/etc/sysconfig/mkinitrd" %(sysdir,))
> output.write(MODULES="%s" %(modules,))
> output.close()

That doesn't handle controller modules, though.  I'd just go for the
simple at first of having ahci, ata_piix, aic7xxx and mptscsih.  That's
probably the sort of thing that overriding with a command-line option
makes sense for

Jeremy