[Fedora-livecd-list] Newbie question

Martin Steinmann msteinmann at vesbridge.com
Wed Aug 16 19:56:14 UTC 2006

[mailto:fedora-livecd-list-
> bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Jasper O'neal Hartline
> Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 2:35 AM
> To: fedora-livecd-list at redhat.com
> Subject: Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] Newbie question
>
> I couldn't reproduce this using that same repository.
> I would assume your cache had been corrupted in the process of running
> Kadischi..
> which isn't too out of place since /tmp/cache could well have been run
> over by tmpwatch.
> Try removing /tmp/cache (if you have it) and try again. This may fix
> this problem.

I removed the files in /tmp and that solved the problem - thanks.

Going back to my own repository though, I ran into the same problem
again. I have a work around using a strange directory structure for my
repository as follows:

~/i386
~/i386/repodata
~/i386/Fedora
~/386/Fedora/RPMS
~/386/Fedora/RPMS/repodata
~/386/Fedora/RPMS/Fedora
~/386/Fedora/RPMS/Fedora/RPMS

Where ~/ is /home/myuser

The RPMs are actually in both RPMS directories. This is obvious not the
way it should be, but with a normal repository structure I could not get
kadischi to find the files.

--martin