[Fedora-livecd-list] CALL for Testing: kadischi under 64 bit hardware

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 22:25:12 UTC 2006

On 8/28/06, Justin Conover <justin.conover at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/28/06, Greg DeKoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:
> >

> > P.S. to this: I'm working *right now* to get hardware that we can use to
> > upload Live CD images for torrent download.
> >
> > --g

> > Greg DeKoenigsberg || Fedora Project || fedoraproject.org
> > Be an Ambassador || http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors
> >
> > On Sat, 26 Aug 2006, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> >
> > > Hello there,
> > >
> > > An official Fedora LiveCD is something we all are looking forward to
> > > see in the Fedora
> > > community. Kadischi will be the tool to create such a livecd.
> > >
> > > Recently we got support from fedoraunity.org for testing Kadischi and
> > > its product (the Livecd).
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, we lack materials, precisely 64 bit hardware, to test
> > > with Kadischi.
> > >
> > > This is a call for fedora users/developpers/testers, to test kadischi
> > > under 64 bit hardware, and file bugs against Kadischi in Bugzilla or
> > > on the fedora-livecd mailing list.
> > >
> > > Thanks for helping :)
> > > The Kadischi Team and Fedora Unity
> > >
> > > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Kadischi
> > > http://fedoraunity.org/
> > >

> > > --
> > > http://clunixchit.blogspot.com
> > >
> > > --
>

> What is the best way to rsync the dev tree?
>
> The "How to build a repository" doesn't say how to rsync the tree, last
> time I tried didn't seem to work.
>
> Thanks

In case anyone was stuck like me, I found this and modified it for
dev/x86_64

http://fedoranews.org/contributors/hal_canary/yum/

[root at echelon pub]# cat mirror-script.sh
#!/bin/sh
# mirror-script.sh
DATE=`/bin/date +%Y-%m-%d`
OUTDIR='/tmp'
MIRROR=/var/www/html/pub/mirror
[ -d $OUTDIR ] || mkdir -p $OUTDIR
OUTFILE=$OUTDIR/mirror-output-$DATE.txt
/bin/nice /usr/bin/rsync --verbose --progress \
   --stats --archive --partial \
   --exclude debug/ \
   --exclude=repodata/ \
   --exclude=*debuginfo* \
   mirrors.kernel.org::fedora/core/development/x86_64$MIRROR/fedora/core/development/
\
   #>> $OUTFILE

Can something like this go on the wiki?

Thank you,