[Fedora-livecd-list] Pilgrim

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 17:25:05 UTC 2006

> Ahm ed wrote:
> > I'm not sure if I missed this discussion or not, but what is going to
> > happen to kadischi now that pilgrim is the "default" or "chosen" tool
> > for Fedora live-cd generation. Will this project contiue or will it
> > merge with pungi and pilgrim.
>
> Pilgrim is being pursued for reasons outlined in
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraSummit/LiveCD. Anyone interested in
> continuing to develop Kadischi can certainly do so. It is GPL'ed after
> all. Consider it a merge otherwise.

I walked away from the summit with the understanding that we were going
to pursue integrating pilgrim and pungi for our official livecds.  But
the Kadischi code would stay separate and Jaspar Hartline volunteered to
be the maintainer which did not have any unfavorable reactions.  What
piece of the discussion led you to think of it as a merge?  (I was only
on IRC for this portion of things so I might have missed out on
something.)

It would be highly beneficial for Kadischi and pilgrim to remain
unmerged.  They are two very different tools which aim to address two
separate corners of the liveCD creation audience.

-Toshio