[Fedora-livecd-list] Xorg -configure during boot?

Brian Varney bvarney at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 20:44:21 UTC 2006

It seems like the preffered method of setting up X for Kadischi is using
"vesa" driver.  This works on a lot of machines but not all.  If I get a
machine that it doesn't work on, I can get X up and running with these
commands:

init 3
Xorg -configure
cp xorg.conf.new /etc/X11/xorg.conf
init 5

I would like to be able to run "Xorg -configure" and use the generated "
new.xorg.conf" to run X with automatically on the livecd.  I'm not sure
where I would put this.  Looking for suggestions....

Thanks for any help