[Fedora-livecd-list] wireless and liveCD

Tony Grant tony at tgds.net
Thu Dec 28 12:50:39 UTC 2006

Le jeudi 28 décembre 2006 à 01:55 -0800, Thomas Chung a écrit :

> FYI, I was able to connect to network using my old Orinoco Classic
> Gold PC Card[1]
> [1] http://www.proxim.com/products/wifi/client/goldpccard/index.html
> [2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ThomasChung/LiveCD

Yes that is a chipset that is supported by the Linux Kernel. Chipsets
that are not supported by the kernel and ndiswrapper was the subject of
my post.

Both of my USB adaptors are cheap and unsupported. Both work just fine
with ndiswrapper and device files created in /etc/sysconfig/networking
and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts. One works with the standard FC5 and
6 kernels but the Linksys requires a kernel with 16K stack size.

Tony