[Fedora-livecd-list] wireless and liveCD

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 28 12:54:10 UTC 2006

Tony Grant wrote:
> Le jeudi 28 décembre 2006 à 01:55 -0800, Thomas Chung a écrit :
>
>> FYI, I was able to connect to network using my old Orinoco Classic
>> Gold PC Card[1]
>> [1] http://www.proxim.com/products/wifi/client/goldpccard/index.html
>> [2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ThomasChung/LiveCD
>
> Yes that is a chipset that is supported by the Linux Kernel. Chipsets
> that are not supported by the kernel and ndiswrapper was the subject of
> my post.
>
> Both of my USB adaptors are cheap and unsupported. Both work just fine
> with ndiswrapper and device files created in /etc/sysconfig/networking
> and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts. One works with the standard FC5 and
> 6 kernels but the Linksys requires a kernel with 16K stack size.

The official Live CD is meant only to support whatever Fedora supports
by default otherwise. There is no live cd specific magic. You are very
well free to build a Live CD which has a different set of packages and
branding if you want to put in 16K kernels and ndiswrapper in them. Why
is that impossible to do?

Rahul