[Fedora-livecd-list] wireless and liveCD

Tony Grant tony at tgds.net
Thu Dec 28 13:15:18 UTC 2006

Le jeudi 28 décembre 2006 à 18:24 +0530, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :

> The official Live CD is meant only to support whatever Fedora supports
> by default otherwise. There is no live cd specific magic. You are very
> well free to build a Live CD which has a different set of packages and
> branding if you want to put in 16K kernels and ndiswrapper in them. Why
> is that impossible to do?

This is one place where I think Fedora is wrong. It isn't impossible to
build a CD that supports ndiswrapper the kernel thing is however working
against the end user.

Think of the new user who wants to try FC for the first time and who may
have any sort of WiFi card. FC liveCD can not have all the Windows
drivers for every WiFi card on the market that is common sense. But
delivering a kernel that prevents ndiswrapper from working with adaptors
made by Linksys - one of the major networking players - is a non
sense... This is just my own personal opinion.

Cheers

Tony