[Fedora-livecd-list] kadischi on 2006-02-01 rawhide

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 22:55:56 UTC 2006

Ok, after tonight's meeting, I said I'd check the status of kadischi
with current anaconda, building a rawhide cd *on* rawhide.

I checked out kadischi from CVS
configured, built and installed it no problems as per the wiki instructions.

I have a local mirror of rawhide, on a machine called "shuttle" so
attempted to built from it as follows

# kadischi http://shuttle/fc5/x86_64 my.iso

Starting kadischi...
Parsing command line arguments
Checking UID
Using buildstamp file /etc/kadischi/buildstamp.
Product path set to Fedora.
Now we are going to try to validate your repository (for now, only http,
ftp and local repositories can be checked)
URL http://shuttle/fc5/x86_64 contacted. OK
URL http://shuttle/fc5/x86_64/Fedora contacted. OK
URL http://shuttle/fc5/x86_64/Fedora/base contacted. OK
URL http://shuttle/fc5/x86_64/Fedora/RPMS contacted. OK
Repository seems to be OK.
Checking required packages
Looking for config file
Loadnig config file options

   ***  running anaconda  ***

Error bad argument --livecd: unknown option

:
   ***  Fatal error: anaconda returned non zero (65280) exit code.
Aborting execution.

Cleaning up temporary files...
Done.

Chitlesh seemed to think that no anaconda patches were now required,
but I'm on today's version ...

# yum info anaconda

Name   : anaconda
Arch   : x86_64
Version: 10.91.11
Release: 1

but this is exactly the same point I got to on 2006-01-08, I saw in
changelog for anaconda about bypassing the partitioning screen, but that
seems to be only in text mode

so I applied the anaconda/flags patches

# patch -b /usr/sbin/anaconda

/usr/local/share/kadischi/patches/anaconda.patch
patching file /usr/sbin/anaconda
Hunk #1 FAILED at 400.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 510 with fuzz 2 (offset 16 lines).
1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file /usr/sbin/anaconda.rej

the failing hunk is the same that failed when I tried earlier, it is the
section that adds "livecd" to the option list, the array has changed
enought that patch won't apply it, so I added it by hand, I'll amend the
patch to apply cleanly and post it to bugzilla (and cvs later)

# patch -b /usr/lib/anaconda/flags.py

/usr/local/share/kadischi/patches/flags.py.patch
patching file /usr/lib/anaconda/flags.py
Hunk #1 succeeded at 41 with fuzz 2 (offset 1 line).

that applied cleanly, so tried again this time in text mode

# kadischi --text http://shuttle/fc5/x86_64 my.iso

this time at least anaconda starts, gives me the betanag and country
selection screens, but still hits the partitioning screen, sorry this
isn't going to paste very well if you've not using fixed spacing, but
you get the gist.

┌────────────────────────┤ Partitioning Type ├─────────────────────────┐
│                                                                      │
│ Installation requires partitioning of your hard drive.  By default,  │
│ a partitioning layout is chosen which is reasonable for most users.  │
│ You can either choose to use this or create your own.                │
│                                                                      │
│ Remove all partitions on selected drives and create default layout.  │
│ Remove linux partitions on selected drives and create default layout.│
│ Use free space on selected drives and create default layout.         │
│ Create custom layout.                                                │
│                                                                      │
│       Which drive(s) do you want to use for this installation?       │
│                                  ↑                                   │
│                                  ▮                                   │
│                                                                      │
│                          ┌────┐   ┌──────┐                           │
│                          │ OK │   │ Back │                           │
│                          └────┘   └──────┘                           │
│                                                                      │
│                                                                      │
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

since there are no drives on the list you can't select one. so when you
continue it gets an error that you didn't select one

┌──────────────────┤ Error ├───────────────────┐
│                                              │
│ You need to select at least one hard drive   │
│ to have Fedora Core installed onto.          │
│                                              │
│                   ┌────┐                     │
│                   │ OK │                     │

jasper have you got further than this? If so what version are you
working with, are you on rawhide, building a rawhide CD?

I wonder where the "rumour" that you no longer need the patch came from?
there's certianly no mention of "--livecd" in anaconda without it.

Anyway, enough for tonight ....

Andy.