[Fedora-livecd-list] New CVS maintainer

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Fri Feb 3 12:20:11 UTC 2006

Li wrote:

> Hi guys,
> My question is:
> 1. When booting, the CD required me to enter boot kernel image
> ("boot:_"), I entered vmlinuz then it starts loading. Is it supposed
> to check the boot kernel image automatically? If that what's wrong
> with my built CD?

You shouldn't have to type anything, if you just press enter the default
option is bootstrapped, which is "Linux".

> 2. I found there is a grub folder there which confused me, which one
> is really in the MBR or both? What is that for?

That folder should have splash.xpm.gz in it, which is the Grub splash
screen though it isn't used.

> 3. The root error I described, should I modified ioslinux.cfg by
> adding root=/dev/hdc and rebuild using tools in Kadischi or there is
> something wrong during the process of generating iso? (Although it
> looks quite smooth)

No. root happens to be /dev/loop1.
The LiveCD scripts do this for you.

What you would be better off doing is posting a log of the error, or
some other information for us to get a better look at it.