[Fedora-livecd-list] integrate squashfs: help!

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Tue Feb 21 21:53:51 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

>Hai there,
>im trying to integrate mksquashfs, i think Finalzone too :)
>but the main difficulty is that I can't integrate these files
>
>to the Read-Only squashfs since in kadischi.py in comments it's said :::
>
>install boot & conf files in compressed tree (they shoudn`t be compressed)

Basically, if you want this to happen, you'll need to mount the Squash
image via loopback.
This of course means the kernel and initrd need to be outside the Squash
image.

I haven't looked into this, as Bill Nottingham said he were trying to
allocate time
to do this, and whatever other changes need to go into Kadischi to
better feather it in
to the base system.

I'll see what I can do later on, if you are around in #Fedora-LiveCD.

J. Hartline