[Fedora-livecd-list] yum in kickstart %post

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Sat Feb 25 07:02:41 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

>Brenton Rothchild
>can you work out a wiki page
>ex. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Kadischi/Development/PAGEPAGE
>using the http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Kadischi/Development as a
>template and explain everything clearly.
>
>Ill go through it afterwards.

I don't see any particular advantage in these patches, as they are a
rare case scenario, for one user.
They certainly wouldn't benifit the Kadischi project in general, as non
compressing the disc image
simply isn't viable for CD media, in his case it is.. but for the
population I do not think this is relevant.

mkzftree is also known as a transparent sort of compression to Linux, as
in, there is no real overhead.
I don't see how it warrants a section of it's own on the wiki.
I think what you might want to do, is create a
Kadischi/UserContributions page instead.
Let random patches and stuff be documented there and what they are for,
and who contributed them.

This isn't viable for Kadischi though in general, by any means that I
can see.
J. Hartline